For some of us we just understand how to maneuver one brush better than the other and this is why I postponed the launch another 8 months so I could create a Flat brush for the line because I know the concept of a round brush might not be for everyone. I have found a special place in my heart for this brush the longer I’ve used it and not I just cannot imagine Ensemble Hair without it!
Here are my tips for the BEST Flat brush blow dry using The Flat.
1. Prep your hair by rough drying with the DeTangler to 50% and apply at least a leave in conditioner and an oil to the before sectioning to blow dry.
2. Rock the brush along the scalp and into the section so that the hair is in the boar part of the brush.
3. Pull the brush towards you as you pull through the section keeping it in a a flat horizontal position.
4. Angle the nozzle of your hairdryer to to be at a 45 degree angle following the brush
5. On a fine texture, you can use your thumb as an anchor on the brush to create more tension by placing your thumb on the wood frame of the brush on top of the section of hair.
6. On the hairline, be sure to over direct towards the face so that you are able to fully smooth the little stubborn curly baby hairs and have them lay flat to the head
7. Once you are blow drying above the ears you can choose to position the Flat in a horizontal to downward position for the hair to lay flat and sleek or you can “rock” the brush on top of the section and direct the nozzle under the hair to create volume at the base
8. At the ends of the hair you can finish the ends with them sitting halfway on the paddle to create a flat iron straight ends look or you can finish the ends on the edge of the paddle to create beveled ends with a bend