How to BlowDry Your Own Hair
Blow drying your own hair can make all the difference in hair growth, how long you can go between washes, and maintaining the integrity of your hair. Blow drying properly can also make a big impact on whether it is making a difference for the better or if you are just contributing more to the problem.
When you pick out a hair dryer, you want one that is powerful and blows a lot of air rather than one that just gets hot. When a hairdryer gets too hot that is usually the sign it is time for a new one! On average a hairdryer will get up to 165 degrees which is significantly lower than any flat iron or curling iron which can go up to 450 degrees! Pair a great hair dryer with a brush that is made to smooth and soften and cut down your blowdry time and that is where the difference is made.
1. Make sure the nozzle is on your hairdryer
2. Apply a Leave In Conditioner and Oil to the hair to help detangle speed up your blowdry.
3. Using the Ensemble Hair Detangler, brush out your tangles.
4. Let your hair air dry 50% or rough dry your hair with the Detangler up to 50% to get most of the moisture out and leave it just damp.
5. Pre section your hair using your Ensemble Hair Clips into 3-4 sections depending on your texture and density.
6. Grab your Treble or Alto round brush and hold in a horizontal position.
7. Rock your brush underneath the section , near your scalp to create tension in the brush.
8. Place your hairdryer nozzle at an angle to follow the brush as you push it through the section.
9. Reposition the hair by utilizing your pinky finger that is holding your hairdryer to grab the section of hair you are blow drying and place it back on the brush.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 until you get to your hairline.
11. When you get to your hairline, rock the round brush along your scalp and position the brush around the face in a vertical position to follow your hairline.
12. Over direct the brush towards your face to smooth out all the baby hairs around your face.
13. As you finish blow drying each section, you can round brush the ends of your hair to be more round or straight depending on what you prefer.